Saturday, October 28, 2006

Autumn

Whoa. Too long since I’ve blogged and too much going on to make excuses. Will just try and do a quick catch up instead.

Just back from Montreal, where my two sisters and I got together (one of whom lives there). Love the city and it was wonderful and colder than Toronto and has me all geared up now for Winter. My sister’s in-laws are Hungarian and between the amazing meals we came up with and their contribution to incredible dinners, it’s surprising I haven’t exploded. Great food, great company and a great time. Terrific to check out the city and get some photos in, which I’ll post soon.

Current life is completely consumed with the conference my friend and colleague, Sarah, and I are doing. Even though limited to only Ontario, and with a cap attendance that we never in a million years thought we’d achieve, we’re totally at maximum registration and have a waiting list. Yikes! Anyway, it’s fun, has brought the people we work with together in amazing ways and is teaching me quite a lot. Is in three more weekends (oh my God!). We have a great dinner planned post-conference and it is so exciting that, for the first time in this province, our profession is coming together, both professionally and socially. We’ve had interest expressed from other groups out of province and in the U.S. - suspect that we’ll be doing this on a larger scale in the future.

Still doing yoga daily. It is what keeps me grounded (and definitely what keeps me in shape). Am completely into photography. Each day there are new and wonderful things to capture. I am always aware of how the experience of disease and recognition of personal mortality have allowed me the opportunity to glimpse the beauty of life. I am so grateful.

Music continues to colour my world, but I’ve been so obsessed with other things that there hasn’t been much chance to follow what’s new. Looking forward to after the conference when there will be more time to focus on music. My niece and I are going to see Death Cab for Cutie at Massey Hall on Halloween, which I’m really looking forward to.

Meanwhile, the leaves have all changed and the cold air is here. Another Winter approaches. How quickly the years slide by now…
Sue

7 Comments:

Blogger Kerry Grace said...

Hi Sue, I was just thinking of you and hoping the presentation went well for you.

Just hello. Today's Thanksgiving on this side of the 'little pond' and am walking around thinking of things I'm thankful for - I woke this morning to find Peter had left a comment and truly, this little blogging circle is something i am very thankful for.

It just sounds like you are doing wonderful - I really enjoy your pictures, you have an eye for colors, they're beautiful.

Thanks,
Kerry

8:14 AM  
Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Kerry,

So great to hear from you!

Conference went really well, thank you. Am glad it's over with, but the hard work paid off and it was well worth it all.

Wonderful that you heard fro Peter. I think of him, and of the other hepC bloggers, more than anticipated. We have affected eachothers lives. I am also thankful for this.

Hope that you are well and doing okay as the holiday season approaches. All the best Kerry,
Sue

12:59 PM  
Blogger lu said...

Hi Sue
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Sorry it has taken a while for me to write back, it's a combination of it being too hard at times and also having been away to try and soften the blow a little. ANyway, am back from holiday now and feeling a bit stronger so 2 good reasons to be in touch with you.
I notice that you haven't blogged in ages... perhaps it's a sign of having such a busy and fulfilling life. I really hope things are going great for you and that you're feeling super healthy.
And what did you think of that radio play? I loved it and every now and again listen to it and well up! So powerful for me, so wonderful to have those thoughts, those relationships, that support (b)logged in such a poignant way.
Stay well and happy - and in touch
Lu x

3:31 PM  
Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Lu,

Eeessshhh, my poor neglected blog. You are indeed correct, am just too involved with living life to have updated in quite some time.

It's so nice to hear from you. I hope that life has lightened somewhat and that Spring is bringing warmth to your world.

I'll check your blog and will endeavour over the next few weeks to update mine. All best wishes, Lu,
Sue

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sue:

It's my pleasure to write to you.
We have obtained your information by searching on-line and found that the total style and contents of your website give people a reliable impression. So I am here writing to you, please excuse me for I’m taking the liberty of sending message to you. I am desirous to get your attitude on whether we can exchange our advertisement links (banner) on our websites.

First let me introduce myself to you. We are INFO CENTER OF LIVER HEALTH PROMOTION, targeted to introduce the health food of liver function recovery to needed people. The products have been widely used by many patients with liver diseases in Japan for many years. They are made from pure natural plants and not only own the characteristics of health food, but also have the traits of drugs. Taking for a short period, people will feel that they truly act and no side effects completely.

Furthermore, we also have a forum with 4808 registered users and the daily access amount of the client is frequent. So you can get that if you put your website on ours, it could receive a great amount of visitors, still, your appearance, and popularity could be raised in a larger scale.
For us, on the basis of your good image, if you let us put our advertisement on your website, it could bring more and more people know us. So this will be a reciprocal and mutually advantageous relationship between us.

Wish more people may share benefits from both of us.
We still want to get your more supports.

Detailed information about liver health is available on the following website, http://www.liver-health.info/.
Or you can contact us by the following e-mails for consultation: info@liver-health.info
MSN: rosie-whm@hotmail.com

We look forward to your reply.
Best wishes
Rosie

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Dear Rosie,

I would prefer not to be affiliated with any commercial site. Therefore, please do not link me to your site.

Thank you,
Sue

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home